We are a healthy church where people grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
keep it 100"
... the way Jesus intended for the church
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about Joy Community Church. We are a multi-ethnic, multi-generational church family that is seeking to help one another experience the true and everlasting joy found in Jesus Christ! We believe true joy comes from knowing and growing in God, discovering our purpose, and being a part of a community of faith making a difference in other peoples’ lives.
We are a group of imperfect people who set out to discover, worship and serve a perfect God! No pretense, just real people with problems, hang-ups and questions like you, trying to figure this thing called life out. Like you perhaps, we’ve tried finding joy in our jobs, money, success, popularity, drugs, unfulfilling relationships and numbing out in front of our smart phones and computer screens, only to discover that each and every pursuit finds us searching for something more meaningful. We don’t have all of the answers, but through Sunday morning services, community groups, serving opportunities and learning about how to have a growing personal relationship with Jesus in the Bible, God starts to bring that satisfaction in our souls that only He can provide! Thanks for navigating our strategy guide for this new church plant and seeing how you may want to become involved.
Unity and Diversity
Love in Action
Excellence and Integrity
How did God lead us here?
God's people doing great things.
Will & Doris Kratt
Will is the Lead Pastor of Joy and has served in full time ministry and higher education for the past 21 years. He holds a PhD in Education and has degrees in Divinity, Counseling, and Business, while Doris holds degrees in Communications and Counseling. Doris and Will have been married for 16 years and have three boys, Joshua (15), Jacob (7) and Michael (4). They love family, the local church and seeing people reach their full potential through faith in Christ.
Roger & Tia Grant
Tia & Roger have served in ministry in differing capacities for over 14 years prior to joining Joy. Tia has held leadership accountability including Associate Pastor, Youth Pastor and member of the Board of Directors. Tia has a Master\’s Degree in Technology Management and is a Certified Project Manager. Roger has worked for the US government for over 30 years. Roger and Tia will have been married for 14 years. They and their sons Bryant and Roger Jr. enjoy spreading the good news of the Gospel and letting everyone know that God is Love and desires the best for them.
Below is the strategy we intent to use to encourage people to become a part of Joy Community Church. Joy Community Church wants you to engage in the church to whatever degree and pace you are comfortable with. Our slogan is, “We want you to come to Joy, connect with Joy, and grow in Joy so you can go share the Joy of Christ with others!” Here’s what we mean:
Come to Joy
This simply means we hope you will come check us out! Join us for coffee and conversation on a Sunday starting at 10:30 a.m. followed by a church service that lasts about an hour and fifteen minutes. When you come to Joy, we want you to feel absolutely comfortable being yourself! We have people who dress up, dress down, and even people who come from the LA Fitness next door after workouts! We meet in a really cool space called roam (like a Starbucks on steroids!), where during the week all types of people from all over Atlanta meet there to share ideas, embrace creativity, build relationships and encourage people on their various paths.
Connect with Joy
Once you come a couple of times and experience the vibe (and how cool we are!) you may decide you want to get involved a little bit more. This takes place helping out on Sunday mornings with such things as welcoming guests, setting up chairs, brewing the coffee and whatever else may be needed. We also have opportunities to serve in our community outside of the church that you may want to be a part of! At some point you may decide this is the place you want to join as a member, which moves you to the “grow” phase.
Grow In Joy
So you want to grow more? Awesome! At this stage of your journey with Joy, it involves possible steps such as making a decision to follow Jesus Christ, joining a community group, getting baptized and taking one of our Growth Track New Members’ Classes. It is also where you gain a more in-depth understanding of what it means to follow Christ in an interactive and supportive environment with other people. You begin to feel like a family as you grow in faith together!
Go Share Joy
As we grow God then says Go! Not leave the church necessarily (although God may have you go serve him in India, who knows!), but serving Jesus wherever He leads by using your gifts and talents both in the church and in the various communities you are a part of (family, work, neighbors, etc.). As you live out what you are learning in the grow phase, you begin to attract other’s to the idea of becoming a Jesus follower. You begin fulfilling what we believe is His purpose and plan for our lives!
While we seek to be an inviting church where all feel welcome to explore their faith, it’s important to know what we believe as we aim to create a welcoming environment. These are core beliefs that will hold strongly to.
- We believe the Bible to be completely true and authoritative in all areas of faith and practice.
- It is God-inspired and a source of strength, direction, and wisdom for those who apply it to their lives.
- (John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe in one God, who unconditionally loves all people, regardless of their race, gender, or nationality.
- He eternally exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Each person of the Trinity is fully and completely God, sharing all of the divine attributes in a perfect loving community.
- (Matthew 28:19; John 1:14; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Colossians 1:15-20; Hebrews 1:1-3; Revelation 1:4-6)
- We believe God created humans, both male and female, in His perfect image.
- Because of our rebellion, we were all separated from God.
- However, we can all be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ.
- (Genesis 1:26-31; Romans 3:10-18; Ephesians 2:1-3)
- Man was created to exist forever.
- He will either exist eternally separated by God by sin or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation.
- To be eternally separated from God is hell.
- To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life.
- Heaven and hell are places of eternal existence.
- (John 3:17; 1 John 1:25; 1 John 5:11-13; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15; Matthew 25:31-46)
- We believe Jesus Christ is the perfect revelation of God to humankind.
- He is fully God and fully man.
- After voluntarily coming to earth and living a sinless life, He died on the cross as the substitute for humanity’s sin.
- His resurrection from the grave affirms His victory over sin and death.
- (Matthew 1:18-2:12; John 1:1-18; Romans 3:21-26; 1 Corinthians 12; Philippians 2:5-8; Colossians 1:15-23; Hebrews 1:1-13; 1 Peter 3:18; 1 John 1:1-2:2)
- We believe that all who trust in Jesus Christ alone as their Lord and Savior will receive the forgiveness of sins and the free gift of eternal life.
- True peace and fulfillment in life are only found in a relationship with Jesus.
- (John 3:16, 6:35-40, 10:27-30; Romans 8:28-39; Philippians 1:6; 2 Timothy 2:13; 1 Peter 1:3-9; 1 John 5:11-13)
- Because God gives man eternal life through Jesus Christ, the believer is secure in salvation for eternity.
- Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian.
- (John 10:29; 2 Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25; 10:10,14; 1 Peter 1:3-5)
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who indwells the followers of Jesus at the point of salvation.
- He also equips them with spiritual gifts for serving others, and guides them in the journey to become like Christ as they relinquish control of their lives.
- (John 14:15-26; Acts 2:1-33; Romans 8:1-27; Galatians 5:16-23; 1 John 2:20-27)