We are a healthy church where people grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
keep it 100... the way Jesus intended for the church
We aim to create a safe space where people who are exploring their faith, have drifted from their faith, or who desire to grow deeper in their faith can all come and learn about God together!
We think there are people who have become increasingly skeptical of the church for a variety of reasons.
“It’s too corporate.”
“I don’t like the political side.”
“I don’t think I can be transparent about my struggles.”
“I hate the cliques.”
“They don’t spend enough time outside their building.”
At Joy, we are an imperfect place of imperfect people! However, we seek to be a “come as you are” community with authentic relationships, transparent conversations, safe places to share burdens, and real answers to real life questions.
Unity and Diversity
Love in Action
Excellence and Integrity
God's people doing great things.
Will & Doris Kratt
Will is the Lead Pastor of Joy and has served in full time ministry and higher education for the past 21 years. He holds a PhD in Education and has degrees in Divinity, Counseling, and Business, while Doris holds degrees in Communications and Counseling. Doris and Will have been married for 16 years and have three boys, Joshua (15), Jacob (7) and Michael (4). They love family, the local church and seeing people reach their full potential through faith in Christ.
Roger & Tia Grant
Tia & Roger have served in ministry in differing capacities for over 14 years prior to joining Joy. Tia has held leadership accountability including Associate Pastor, Youth Pastor and member of the Board of Directors. Tia has a Master\’s Degree in Technology Management and is a Certified Project Manager. Roger has worked for the US government for over 30 years. Roger and Tia will have been married for 14 years. They and their sons Bryant and Roger Jr. enjoy spreading the good news of the Gospel and letting everyone know that God is Love and desires the best for them.
Brian & Kutania Ingram
Brian & Kutania served for six years on church staffs prior to joining the core team at Joy. Brian has a degree in Religion and Ministry and Kutania in Biblical Counseling. Brian and Kutania have been married for 18 years. They and their daughters, Kenya (16) and Zion (9), love music, worshiping God and currently lead worship at our Core Group meetings. Brian is passionate serving young people while Kutania finds joy encouraging people through counseling.
How did God lead us here?
Here are the core beliefs we stand by.
- We believe the Bible to be completely true and authoritative in all areas of faith and practice.
- It is God-inspired and a source of strength, direction, and wisdom for those who apply it to their lives.
- (John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe in one God, who unconditionally loves all people, regardless of their race, gender, or nationality.
- He eternally exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Each person of the Trinity is fully and completely God, sharing all of the divine attributes in a perfect loving community.
- (Matthew 28:19; John 1:14; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Colossians 1:15-20; Hebrews 1:1-3; Revelation 1:4-6)
- We believe God created humans, both male and female, in His perfect image.
- Because of our rebellion, we were all separated from God.
- However, we can all be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ.
- (Genesis 1:26-31; Romans 3:10-18; Ephesians 2:1-3)
- Man was created to exist forever.
- He will either exist eternally separated by God by sin or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation.
- To be eternally separated from God is hell.
- To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life.
- Heaven and hell are places of eternal existence.
- (John 3:17; 1 John 1:25; 1 John 5:11-13; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15; Matthew 25:31-46)
- We believe Jesus Christ is the perfect revelation of God to humankind.
- He is fully God and fully man.
- After voluntarily coming to earth and living a sinless life, He died on the cross as the substitute for humanity’s sin.
- His resurrection from the grave affirms His victory over sin and death.
- (Matthew 1:18-2:12; John 1:1-18; Romans 3:21-26; 1 Corinthians 12; Philippians 2:5-8; Colossians 1:15-23; Hebrews 1:1-13; 1 Peter 3:18; 1 John 1:1-2:2)
- We believe that all who trust in Jesus Christ alone as their Lord and Savior will receive the forgiveness of sins and the free gift of eternal life.
- True peace and fulfillment in life are only found in a relationship with Jesus.
- (John 3:16, 6:35-40, 10:27-30; Romans 8:28-39; Philippians 1:6; 2 Timothy 2:13; 1 Peter 1:3-9; 1 John 5:11-13)
- Because God gives man eternal life through Jesus Christ, the believer is secure in salvation for eternity.
- Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian.
- (John 10:29; 2 Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25; 10:10,14; 1 Peter 1:3-5)
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who indwells the followers of Jesus at the point of salvation.
- He also equips them with spiritual gifts for serving others, and guides them in the journey to become like Christ as they relinquish control of their lives.
- (John 14:15-26; Acts 2:1-33; Romans 8:1-27; Galatians 5:16-23; 1 John 2:20-27)
Below are ways you can get involved!
Come to Joy
Join our weekly prayer and fasting on Wednesdays from 6am-6pm (EST). We pray together for Joy ten minutes by teleconference at 6am, 9am, noon, 3pm and 6pm.
Phone Number: 605-562-0020
Connect with Joy
Connect with Joy by attending one of our weekly Core Group Meetings for food and fun, vision casting and discipleship training. For information on the next meeting time and location, please email [email protected]
Grow In Joy
Weekly small group community meetings are held on Wednesdays from 7pm to 8:30pm. Email will@joycommunitychurch to register for a group.
Go Share Joy
Join our email distribution list for upcoming events, service projects and updates! Tell others about us who may be interested in being a part of this disciple making church! Refer them to our website!